A bike friendly building in the middle of downtown Denver that includes a ramp to easily take your bike up and down the stairs.
Last October, my husband and I took a trip to Colorado to visit my brother. We had an absolute blast rock climbing for the first time, hiking an 18 mile route to a hot spring at 14,000 feet elevation, camping in a national park, riding B Bikes around the city and trying great Colorado brews. As you read this, we are on a plane, westward bound again; this time for a two week visit that will feature more rock climbing, camping and hikes. But we will also be spending more time in the city, working from Denver and exploring. We are looking forward to such a lengthy trip as a way to get to know the city. I will be posting most of our adventures and updates here, but, as always, fashion relevant ones will be featured on my normal blog accounts. I have also worked really hard (seriously) scheduling blog posts for you all during the weeks that we are gone. There are a few special ones, so I hope you enjoy those in addition to the outfit photos.
BONUS: GIVEAWAY WITH ELEMENTS BEAUTY SHOP AND LATHER
For all of my regular blog readers I have a fun surprise for you! Lather sentElements Beauty Shop a few full size bottles of their amazing products and Elements gave one to me to give to one of you. I think all my posts raving about Lather turned me into their Lather ambassador. But I am not complaining because I seriously love my Lather products. Soooo, up for giveaway is thisLather Bamboo Lemongrass Foaming Body Scrub (so that’s a mouthful). To enter, all you need to do is leave a comment telling me about your go-to, favorite beauty product. I will randomly choose one winner when I return, so this giveaway is open between 5/20-6/3! I won’t be publicizing this giveaway openly. It truly is a “THANK YOU” to all who read my posts.
Interested in the other Lather products I own and love? See them all below!
All photos via Elements Beauty Shop
#1-4 are my current morning routine and #4-7 are my current nighttime routine.
1. Ultra Mild Face Wash – I alternate between this and my St. Ives (or secretly my husband’s Jack Black face buff. The peppermint smells so good!). It has such a light clean feeling to it. I received a full size bottle of this from my first month’s work with Elements.
2. Toning Eye Gel with Vitamin K – I use this before lotion. It is supposed to help de-puff puffy eyes. The jury is still out on if it’s helping, but I like the routine. I purchased this after trying the sample.
3. Advanced Blemish Control Serum – If you order anything, please order this. Seriously. It will be the best $30 you ever spent. This serum is the best out of any I’ve tried and it will stop blemishes in their tracks. I am still working off my sample I received from Elements.
4. Ultra Light Face Lotion – I use this daily; love it! It seems like a relatively small bottle, but I have had mine since March and I should have another 2-3 months left. I received a full size bottle of this from my first month’s work with Elements.
5. Licorice Root Eye Treatment – I use this at night as a restorative cream for under my eyes. Again, jury’s still out, I don’t use it as religiously as I should, but I like it. I purchased this after trying the sample.
6. Sweet Almond Face Moisturizer – I purchased this at the last Element’s event because I wanted a heavier cream to use at night. A little goes a long way and I love putting this on before bed.
7. Lip Conditioning Balm – This was recommended in my last Element’s beauty post and I snagged it at the event as well. I have noticed that my lips aren’t as as dry as usual (this could also because it’s been so darn hot here lately), but I’m still tempted to bite at them or pull loose skin. I put this on every night and have recently started using in the morning as well. Having and using this is a good motivator to NOT bite at my lips or to stop myself when I start because I don’t want to waste my time, effort or money on products if I am going to just self-destruct them.
If you are interested in trying any of these products, you can use the code CHICSTRIPES10 to get 10% off your first online order. Don’t forget if you order online, you can stock up on loyalty points and get $5 credit for every review you write.
I am an #ElementsBeautyBlogger and often work with Elements to provide sponsored content. Jeanie and Sherry are not paying me or gifting me anything to share this with you; there were no conditions to link to them or to tell you about my other products. As I told Jeanie, I love being able to partner with brands that I believe in and offer quality products to my readers. So a huge THANK YOU to them for allowing me to host this giveaway and for believing in blogger creativity and artistic control. ;)