I can’t share a small business holiday gift guide without sharing one that features all 2nd hand goods now can I? For this gift guide, I pulled from some of my favorite Richmond stores and a smattering of others I follow on twitter. While you can solely seek out luxury items in these stores, their markdowns often allow even the most budget friendly designer purchases from time to time.
- The Edit, Mink Stole with Bow Detail, $107.74. Physical store located in Hamilton Canada. A fur (or faux) caplet is one of the most glamorous pieces you can add to your adult wardrobe. This one from The Edit is uniquely fun with a bow detail on the back.
- Baggio Consignment, Hermes Mon Petit Cheval Mexican Print Scarf, $320. Physical store located in Richmond, Virginia. An Hermes scarf has long been on my personal wish list and Baggio stocks some of the best around. I love this classic horse print.
- Socialite Auctions, Lambertson Truex Brown Silk mini Clutch, $75. Online store headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Lambertson Truex is a brand that was bought by Tiffany and Co. (little known fact) and their pieces still retain that classic feel.
- E-Drop Off, MARNI Burgundy T-shirt, $100. Online store headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Such a fun adorable t-shirt. I first heard of Corri McFadden through a friend and I love following her on social media – the pieces she gets are amazing!
- Alice McQueen, DVF Drew Connect Shoulder Bag, $198. Physical store located in Richmond, Virginia. Blue bags will never go out of style but they are certainly in right now. This DVF bag is in superb condition and can function as a shoulder or cross body bag.
- Current Boutique, Moschino Scarf, $59.99. Physical Store located in Washington DC. Moschino is a go to brand for purely fun fashion – this Barbie-esque scarf is perfect for anyone who wants some color in their outfits.
As a complete lover of shopping second hand first, I would encourage you to browse not only the pieces listed here, but all of the pieces on the above sites. There is a HUGE range of second hand stores that offer everything from thrifted pieces, mid-level pieces to high end designer items. Check out the “Second Hand Global” and “Second Hand First in RVA” lists on my twitter account (@chicstripes) to start exploring more stores. You are bound to find one of a kind items as well as great deals on things you may have otherwise purchased retail.
All photos are courtesy of the respective store’s sites.