Here we are again, Monday. I am not sure I’ve had quite as a relaxing weekend as I had this past one in a long time. Besides closing on our new home on Friday, we slept in, read a few books, watched movies and took naps. I also did some fashion research which necessitated the purchase of these Salvatore Ferragamo’s. One of the things I love most about weekends is getting to put together a casual outfit that still has touches of something classic. When I spotted these shoes at 70% off (already heavily discounted to begin with) at Baggio, a designer consignment store here in Richmond, I knew that I could afford to shell out the $45 needed to make these classic black pumps mines. While I am not a total kitten heel lover, these beauties, and the fact that it made weekend walking so much easier, may just convince me.
How was your weekend? Finish (or start) any good books? Find any great thrifted bargains? Another reason this past weekend was a winner was that it required very little effort on my part to do my hair. I am long overdue for a hair cut and have thus been finding various ways to wear it up. Since weekends don’t call for as polished a look, I tried a side braid/bun combo I made up. Use these tips to try it yourself!
1. Put a deep part in your hair and sweep the hair to one side.
2. Tilt head to one side, gather all the hair on that side and braid a tight side braid.
3. Secure with hair tie.
4. Holding the end of the braid, bring it back across the back of your neck to your opposite ear.
5. Secure with bobby pin, hair clip, etc. Tuck any stray pieces with bobby pins.
6. Voila! A classic side hair style with a little bit of sass. With a lot more hair spray and pins this would be a great wedding hair style. Tweet/email/post pics and let me know if you try it!
Pssst. Click here for another super easy way to style hair for day + night.
top – custom from Greta Pollman via Etsy / jeans – GAP / heels – Salvatore Ferragamo via Baggio’s / pearl earrings – Claire’s (from LONG ago!)