A break from what can be an all consuming hobby has been much needed, if only to focus on work that pays the bills, read a few good books and watch TV marathons with my husband. Over the past few weeks though, I’ve had a few blogging revelations. They may not be ground breaking, but then again….
- Twitter=great. I really missed Twitter. The ins, the outs, the giveaways, the feeling of staying on the fresh side of fashion.
- Wearing what you love is true style. Wearing clothes to fulfill your own personal style is much more rewarding than wearing clothes to simply style a photo-op.
- Thrifiting is key to building a wardrobe. While I sometimes bemoan the fact that I really don’t buy new clothes (seriously, this is hardly an ever thing), I rediscovered my love for thrifting as it satisfied my love of buying clothes, hunting down a seriously unique item and not paying a fortune for it. There is really something great about receiving a compliment and then saying, “Oh I got it at a thrift store.” PS. Let’s be honest here – it’s thrifted, not vintage. If you got it at Goodwill, label it thrifted!
- Organization is necessary. Deleted my upwards 30-40 spam emails per week and now have time to read the ones I get instead of always hitting delete.
- Reading is fun. I read blogs I love just to read them and explored those outside of my current reading list.
- And last but not least, I realized I missed blogging. And taking pictures in front of brick walls.
sweater – J. Crew / dress worn as skirt – H&M / wedges – Dolce Vita via TJ Maxx / belt – J. Crew (not seen) / necklace – thrifted.