While it looks like we are going to skate through winter with not even an inch of snow (not even a flurry – travesty!) it’s still cold enough for me to have sweaters on the mind. I love a sweater every which way you can wear them – chunky knit, hugely oversized, snug, cropped, off the shoulder, sparkle, and striped. Lately I’ve been dreaming of more quirky knits – like the deer head or “oui oui oui.” Something about a fun photo or text livens up a cold day. I especially love the all over floral print – pair with a floral bottom and you’ve got yourself a New York Fashion Week outfit ready to go. Striped ~ Time to go soft and channel what everyone will be wearing next year. Pair this lovely striped sweater with your softest pink pants and you are errand ready. Add ankle boots and sparkley studs and you’re good for brunch!
- Pink cropped ~ Pair this with a tan leather skirt and you’ve got a mix of textures that will be winter ready. Add riding boots if there’s snow or simple flats for a work wear outfit.
- Oui Oui Oui ~ I’ve already stated I love this sweet sweater – pair with dark wash skinny jeans, sky high pumps, a trench and pearls and you’ve instantly turned quirky into classy.
- Floral ~ Floral pants! Did you really have to ask? (for the less daring, try a rich plum colored pants and nude needs).
- Deer ~ There is no other way to wear an animal head sweater than with a short skirt and your choice of shoe. Tuck the sweater halfway in on the front, throw your hair in a top knot and you’ve won the fashion game.
- Sparkles ~ Sparkles and a cape like shape? Yes please. Put on a white button down underneath and add interest with a grey tweed pant or houndstooth and a pointy toed pump.
- Spots ~ Large spots call for something dramatic – pull out your brights and color block with kelly green or mustard yellow for a look that will keep those winter blues at bay.
Which are your favorite sweaters? Try them in one of these ways and send me photos of your outfit!
Set created via Polyvore