Stylist: Anita Patrickson
If you’ve followed ChicStripes for any time at all, you will know that styling is at the heart of what I do and love. Whenever I see a stunning editorial the first thing I do is check out the credits to see who the stylist is. Lately though I’ve gotten into stylists who style people and not just the (mostly) unwearable, yet artful styling that makes up the magazine pages. Today I’m loving Anita Patrickson, and if you read on I’m sure you will as well!
The interesting details:
- She was raised in South Africa.
- Anita has collaborated and had her name on alternative mags such as Zinc.
- In 2006 she was named Conde Nast’s Assistant West Coast Editor for Allure magazine.
- She is a freelance stylist.
- She has styled such names as Brittney Spears, Emma Watson, and Jennifer Lopez.
- Ms. Patrickson can claim brands such as these on her resume: Nike, Target, Elle, Numero, Agent Provocateur, Rolex, and BCBGeneration.
You can also find her in the pages of Lucky magazine and Refinery 29. Her editorial work has an edgy urban appeal that I love with structured pieces, strong graphics, and clean lines. Her red carpet looks stay refined but always throw in an unexpected twist. And any stylist who dishes out styling advice promoting NEON (yes, in all caps), cozy knits, and the wisdom of Tide pens is a girl to be listened to. What do you think? Are you loving her editorials, red carpet, or personal style the best?