Petra Flannery, celebrity stylist, at the Micheal Kors party
Google most celebrity stylists names (besides Rachel Zoe) and you will hardly find a single picture to show you who the famous dresser behind the stars actually is. I finally stumbled upon a photo for stylist Petra Flannery only after I first found out that she bought a house in Beverly Hills (2 bed, 2 bath for those wondering), styles young stars such as Emma Stone and Mila Kunis and has also been the force behind majors such as Reese Witherspoon and Faith Hill. Read on for other interesting tidbits, features of her work, and why celeb stylists work that much harder than editorial stylists.
The interesting bits:
- Ms. Flannery is a fashion editor, celebrity stylist, and creative director at Shoe Privee (a private shoe club).
- She has created stunning magazine covers for publications such as GQ, Nylon, and Gotham.
- Her editorial features can be found in Vogue, InStyle and Zink.
- She was born in San Fran and is now based in LA.
- Her style is known for being clean and sophisticated.
- She was ranked as #3 in “The 25 Most Powerful Stylists in Hollywood.”
Her celebrity following:
Emma Stone in Bottega Veneta at the 2011 MTV Awards
Mila Kunis in Balmain at the 2011 MTV Awards
What I love most about Petra’s styling is her ability to take amazing looks straight off the runway and know which star will own the look. While her signature look remains the same and each star looks polished, she allows Zoe to shine in her fashionable risky outfits, keeps Mila looking young and fresh, and has put a new twist to Emma’s look. While editorial shoots are complicated, styling celebrities forces the stylist to think about the woman, the event, and what message her clothes will be sending. What do you think of Petra’s style? Any other celebrity stylists you would like to see featured? Do share!