I. Love. Clothes. There is no other way to put it. And when I find classically tailored pieces with unique twists, I just have to share. I like to think of it as my fashion duty. Enter Lana Stepul, an Etsy crafter who makes, ” chic and flirty clothing from linen, cotton, silk, and wool that fits great, looks fabulous and is comfortable to wear.” Her background includes working with many different fashion designers and her focus is on natural fabrics and tailor made cuts.
I have fallen head over heels with her lovely pieces. They are perfectly neutral with just a bit of ruffle, a touch of color, and shapes made to fit. As I am getting older (or as my BFF says, I am 20 and 7 sparkly diamonds), I am longing for classic investment pieces that will remain in my closet for years to come but won’t look dated or out of touch. Lana’s pieces are no doubt worth the investment whether you are looking for a fun party dress, an office sheath, or the perfect flirty skirt for a night out. No doubt you will wear and re-wear any purchase. Read on below for my top 6 choices from her shop!
- Brown and Cream Jersey Pencil Skirt, $69. Super cute and chic, this skirt will transition easily from the office to a night out with just a change of shoes and accessories. The cut is classic but the color blocking stripes make it noteworthy.
- Graphic Print Linen Dress, $179. By far my absolute favorite piece. I cannot get enough of the classic 40’s shape (think Betty Draper) with a very modern graphic-scape printed along the bottom. I would pair this dress with bright colors for spring, think coral lips, turquoise accessories or with deep jewel tones for winter.
- Contrast Trim Skirt, $119. Adorable – no other words. I can see myself wearing this skirt to the beach, to an art show, to the farmer’s market, or for a fun girls night out. I am in love with the contrasting trim.
- One Shoulder White Ruffle Dress, $239. Tres chic and perfect for any party! I have seen a myriad of LBDs but this white version is sure to outshine them all.
- Cashmere Wool Coat, $479. As December is almost halfway over, cold weather is finally starting to settle in for the long haul. I still have yet to find my perfect winter jacket, but this beauty is starting to top my list. I am not usually a red girl, but the beautiful ruffles and drape of this jacket has won me over. Pair with flat riding boots for errand running or with sky high heels and skinny jeans for happy hour.
- Wool Jersey Sheath Dress, $199. A perfect piece and necessity in any girl’s wardrobe. This dress’ classic shape will take you from church, to brunch, or work and back again all with just a few twists of hair, make up, or jewelry. Fun side pockets keep it casual while the pleats make it formal.
Which pieces are your favorites? Any that you would invest in? Do share!
All images courtesy of Lana Stepul