If you have read Chic Stripes for any length of time, you know by now that I love all things jewelry, especially jewelry that is one of a kind and makes a killer statement. When I was contacted by the PR Team over at Shenya Jewelry to do a give away on my blog, I admit I was hesitant at first despite their claims to fame: featured on Oprah’s Life Lift Blog, People’s Style Watch and the Today Show. As this is my first give away I wanted it to be something I loved and backed. At first glance, a lot of the pieces looked girly sweet (not my style) and small (again, not my style). And even though the hook is your ability to design your own pieces, I am just not that crafty of a person. Enter their genius idea to shop existing designs and have the ability to use those designs as your creative base and add/remove different jewelry pieces to make a piece distinctly your own. For a girl who can be DIY challenged, this is perfect! Their pre-made designs are gorgeous pieces with a range to fit any sensibility. Here are a few of my favorite ready-made pieces in a variety of designs and price points:
- Gypsy Necklace – $123.90. Anything large and sparkly has be at go. I can easily see this necklace paired with a tank in the summer or with a soft cozy turtle neck in the colder months.
- Turquoise Disk Earrings – $51.20. The draw of the west has always been strong and the mix of turquoise and silver cannot be beat in these lovely disk earrings. The perfect way to dress up a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt.
- Black Onyx Tear Drop Earrings – $22.00. Simple but striking these are sure to make the perfect statement and will pair readily with any item in your wardrobe.
- Elephant Ring with Tourmaline – $33.90. I love whimsical animal jewelry almost as much as I love huge statement pieces. This Elephant ring would be the perfect addition to my growing collection of jungle pieces (lion pendant necklace, snake ring).
- Black Onyx Earrings – $206.20. A jaw dropping statement these earrings are gorgeous! Worn with an up-do and LBD and you have a style making outfit.
- Sun God – $42.80. Up there with Western and animal jewelry is India inspired pieces. Think Padma from Top Chef and you can easily wear these with dresses, shorts, jeans, or to the office. Perfectly lovely and easily transferable to any environment!
Now for the fun: Shenya has offered to give one lucky Chic Stripes reader a $20 credit towards any design on their site! As you can see from my favorites, you can easily design a piece for $20 or you can put it towards a larger piece. They even have a feature on their site where you can build a piece with a budget as your framework! With Christmas coming right around the corner, this is a great opportunity to find and make something unique for that special someone in your life.
To enter, all you need to do is comment on this post with the phrase “Design me!” and tell us what you would love to design (along with your email contact information of course)! A new iPhone app? A coffee maker that infuses your choice of flavors in with the coffee? Or would you design something more serious? Do share! The give away will be open through Sunday, November 27, 2011 and the winner will be chosen and random and announced Monday, November 28! Happy designing!
Images courtesy of Shenya